Premier League champions: List of records Liverpool have broken and could break in 2019-20 season: Liverpool’s first English league title in 30 years, achieved with seven matches remaining, has been arguably essentially the most spectacular of their 19 after a season of dominance. Following are the data they’ve damaged this season:
Premier League champions: List of records Liverpool have broken and could break in 2019-20 season
* Juergen Klopp’s facet have sealed the title with seven video games to spare, eclipsing Manchester United (2000-01) and Manchester Metropolis (2017-18) who sealed their respective titles with 5 video games left.
* Liverpool’s 4-Zero win towards Crystal Palace on Wednesday marked their 23rd successive residence league victory, eclipsing Manchester Metropolis’s file of 20 between 2011-12.
* After they beat West Ham United in February it was their 18th consecutive league win, equalling Manchester Metropolis’s file. They misplaced their subsequent sport at Watford.
* Beat Southampton 4-Zero on February 1 to maneuver 22 factors away from Metropolis on the prime of the desk for the most important lead in Premier League historical past. That grew to 25 factors after a 1-Zero victory towards Norwich Metropolis later that month.
* Liverpool’s 1-Zero win at Tottenham Hotspur on Jan. 11 meant they set a brand new file for factors gained from the primary 21 video games in any of Europe’s ‘Massive 5’ leagues (61).
* They received their subsequent six video games to swell their factors tally to 79 from their first 27 matches, earlier than shedding 3-Zero at Watford.
* With their win at Tottenham, Liverpool set the file for many factors gained throughout a 38-match spell within the Premier League (104), surpassing 102-point stretches by Metropolis and Chelsea.
* Liverpool had crushed 18 of the 19 groups within the league heading into their match towards West Ham on Jan. 29. A 2-Zero victory towards the Hammers marked the primary time that they had defeated each crew in a single top-flight marketing campaign within the membership’s 127-year historical past.
* Mohamed Salah grew to become the primary Liverpool participant to attain 20 targets in all competitions in three consecutive seasons since Michael Owen between 2000-01 and 2002-03 when the Egyptian striker scored in a 2-1 win towards Bournemouth.
Information Liverpool may nonetheless break:
* Liverpool have racked up 86 factors from 31 video games and want 15 extra to set the file for many factors in a Premier League season, eclipsing Metropolis’s tally of 100 from the 2017-18 marketing campaign.
* Liverpool must win their remaining three video games at Anfield to turn into the primary Premier League facet to win all 19 residence video games in a season.
* Three residence wins would additionally guarantee they set the file for many residence factors in a season which is at the moment held collectively by Chelsea (2005-06), Manchester United (2010-11) and Manchester Metropolis (2011-12) who every picked up 55 factors.
* Liverpool have received 28 video games this season and want 5 extra wins to interrupt Metropolis’s file of 32 in a Premier League marketing campaign.
* If Liverpool win their remaining seven video games, they’ll finish the season with 107 factors, breaking Studying’s file for many factors in an English league marketing campaign (106 in 2005-06).
* Metropolis set the file for the biggest margin of victory within the Premier League once they received the title by 19 factors in 2017-18 and Liverpool are on monitor to surpass that.
* Liverpool have received 12 of their 15 away matches and may equal Metropolis’s file of 16 away victories from 2017/18 in the event that they win their remaining 4 video games on the highway.