Information of President Donald Trump’s COVID-19 prognosis has upended the U.S. presidential election marketing campaign coming into its last month and roiled inventory markets, elevating questions on succession and prompting White Home aides to insist that Trump would preserve a busy, if modified, schedule.
Hope Hicks, a detailed adviser to the president who usually traveled with him on the Air Power One and Marine One presidential plane, had examined constructive for the illness brought on by the novel coronavirus on Thursday.
After Trump tweeted he and his spouse, Melania, examined constructive for COVID-19 early Friday morning, Republican Nationwide Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel, who has had frequent contact with Trump, stated she examined constructive for the virus and was quarantined at dwelling in Michigan.
Trump and another Republicans have eschewed social distancing, masks carrying and different protocols well being officers suggest to cease the unfold of the virus.
Listed here are different White Home and Trump marketing campaign personnel who’ve examined constructive for COVID-19 in current months:
- U.S. Nationwide Safety Adviser Robert O’Brien in late July. Earlier than Trump’s an infection, O’Brien was the highest-ranking administration official to check constructive for the virus. O’Brien had gentle COVID signs and returned to work on Aug. 4.
- Katie Miller, spokeswoman to Mike Pence, spouse of Stephen Miller, a Trump senior adviser, in early Could, forcing Pence to barely delay a Pence journey to Iowa.
- Kimberly Guilfoyle, senior adviser to Trump marketing campaign and girlfriend to Donald Trump Jr.
- Tom Phillipson, the previous appearing chairman of the White Home Council of Financial Advisers in early June. He informed the Wall Avenue Journal of his an infection after recovering and leaving the White Home in late June
- A member of the U.S. Navy who served as a private valet to Trump examined constructive in early Could. The an infection prompted each day exams for these working on the White Home.
- A U.S. Marine assigned to Trump’s helicopter squadron examined constructive for the coronavirus in late July. The squadron transports Trump and different prime officers from the White Home aboard the Marine One helicopter.
- A employee in a White Home advanced cafeteria examined constructive in late July. The cafeteria is positioned within the Eisenhower Govt Workplace Constructing, the place some White Home officers, together with Vice President Mike Pence, have workplaces.
(Aside from the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is printed from a syndicated feed.)